Holy Cross Convent, Merces
- Help build up a good Christian and Missionary community in this parish from which more priestly and religious vocation could come.
- Meet the immediate need of an English medium Kindergarten.
- Do medical and social service.
- Animate family prayer and motivate community development.
- To establish one community centre and later on also a Holy Cross community Ashram in Merces.
Here 90% of the population is Catholics. Many are educated and working class, also there are many farmers. People are good, sociable, and live in peace and harmony.
Community and apostolate:
Apostolate: Education, Senior Citizens Home, Pastoral work
There are four sisters in the community. They take care of senior citizens and run nursery. One of them teaches in the Diocesan school. Sisters are also involved in pastoral activities like communion distribution to the home bound people, SCC meeting, participate in the parish activities mainly of associations, family visits and helping out in the substations of the parish.